EFFECTIVE DATE 6/25/2019
1. Who is the controller of your personal data?
The controller of your personal data is Pocket Gems España, S.L.U. with address for contact purposes at c/ Diego de León, 59, 2º C, 28006 Madrid – Spain (the “Company“, “we”, “us” or “our”).
2. For which purposes does the Company process your personal data?
The Company processes your personal data to assess your candidacy to the job positions published by the Company on its website or on third party websites and, if you are selected to be hired, to send you an offer letter for employment.
3. Which are the legal justifications to process your personal data?
The legal basis that allows the Company to process your personal data is your consent as expressed in the application form.
4. How long does the Company retain your personal data?
If you are successful in your application, your data will be kept in your personnel file. If you are unsuccessful, your data will normally be destroyed twenty-four months after you have been informed that you were unsuccessful.
5. With whom does the Company share your personal data?
As the Company’s headquarters are located in the United States of America, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area to members of our corporate group (for internal administrative purposes) as well as to third parties. Pocket Gems will take measures designed to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, such as making it subject to the terms of the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses.
6. How does the Company obtain your personal data and what categories of personal data are processed?
The Company may obtain the personal data directly from you or from third parties (such as recruitment agencies, your former employer or other references). We may also collect your personal data from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn or other employment portals and job boards.
a) The personal data collected include in particular the categories listed below:
b) Personal details (e.g. name, last name, home address, personal telephone number and e-mail address, gender, date and place of birth, photograph and any other contact details).
c) Educational information (e.g. educational qualifications, institutions attended and languages).
d) Work experience (e.g. previous employment background, qualifications, employment references).
e) Leisure activities and interests.
7. Which are your rights when you provide the Company with your personal data?
- Access: you may request confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, you can obtain access to your personal data included in the Company’s files.
- Rectification: you may request the rectification of your personal data if this is inaccurate.
- Objection: you may request that your personal data is not processed in specific circumstances.
- Erasure: you may request that your personal data is erased.
- Restriction of processing: you may request restriction on how personal data is processed, in which case it would be marked and processed by us only for certain purposes.
- Portability: you may request receiving, in an electronic file, the personal data that you provided to the Company, as well as the right to transmit it to other parties.
- Withdrawal of consent: you may withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You may exercise, when appropriate, the data protection rights by sending a written communication to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating as subject matter of the communication “Pocket Gems Spain – Recruiting”. For these purposes, the Company may request a copy of your ID card/passport in force or any other valid document evidencing your identity. For any data protection questions, you may also contact the aforementioned e-mail address.
In addition, you may lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es) or with any other competent data protection authority.